Launched in October 2013, GetReal is a three-year project of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), a EU public-private consortium consisting of pharmaceutical companies, academia, HTA agencies and regulators (e.g., NICE, HAS, EMA and ZIN), patient organisations and SMEs.
GetReal aims to show how robust new methods of RWE collection and synthesis could be adopted earlier in pharmaceutical R&D and the healthcare decision making process. The consortium is doing this by:
- Bringing together healthcare decision makers, academics, pharmaceutical companies, clinicians, and other societal stakeholders;
- Assessing existing processes, methodologies, and key research issues;
- Proposing innovative trial designs and assessing the value of information;
- Proposing and testing innovative analytical and predictive modelling approaches;
- Assessing operational challenges and proposing and testing the impact of solutions;
- Creating new decision making support, and building tools to allow for the evaluation of development programmes and use in the assessment of the value of introducing new treatments;
- Sharing and discussing deliverables with healthcare decision makers, academics, pharmaceutical companies, clinicians, and other societal stakeholders;
- Developing training for researchers, healthcare decision makers and societal stakeholders in the public and private sector in order to increase knowledge about various aspects of effectiveness.